The TLMI Board of Directors is pleased to announce a new member benefit that will commence in January 2014. The association has partnered with Tom Cady, an HR veteran with 35 years of experience, to deliver TLMI converter and supplier members Human Resources solutions. The new program will offer a wide range of HR consulting services, providing members with practical approaches that address a variety of employment related issues in the day-to-day workplace. Services available include:
- Create and manage job descriptions
- Address behavioral employee issues
- Work through performance management / progressive discipline process
- Understand federal employment and discrimination laws relative to the hiring, maintaining and termination of employees
- Develop and maintain handbook material
- Recruit new staff in a fashion as to avoid the pitfalls of unintentional discriminatory tactics
- Develop policies
- Train staff and managers
- Effectively process and manage Family and Medical Leave Act requests
- Develop a comprehensive Unemployment Compensation strategy
- Address staff issues on the Americans With Disabilities Act
- Reduce workforce due to financial necessities or business needs.
- Comply with federal laws relative to the Fair Labor Standards Act – payment of wages to exempt and non-exempt employees
- Maintain appropriate personnel files
- Develop offer of employment letters or employment contracts
TLMI members receive one free 30 minute session with Tom and can contact him at HR@tlmi.com.
This labelling news was spotted at TLMI - Tag and Label Manufacturers Institute, INC
Get the full story direct from source..