The recovery indicators took a wallop this past month, with four of them pulling back, especially new orders for manufacturing. The NASDAQ had an erratic month but only had a -1.5% pullback despite much grinding of teeth. But… the ISM decrease in new orders for manufacturing and non-manufacturing needs to be put in perspective: these…
The amount of articles offering advice about blogging is overwhelming because blogging or content marketing is one of the most effective ways to increase your search engine optimization (SEO) status. The theories of what is important in blogging swing back and forth like a pendulum. Lately the trends are focusing on the creation of a…
- An image-based reader can find and locate a barcode regardless of its orientation. This can also provide a major advantage for set up, record keeping, and diagnostic purposes.
- Imagers can use advanced software, to read 1D barcodes with significantly less contrast, which is critical for poorly printed codes or for 1D barcodes not printed on a standard white label, for instance on a corrugated box for an example.
- Imagers provide the ability to overcome the issues presented by damage or reflections in the code since the imager software can use just portions of the code to ‘reconstruct’ the data.
- The ability to use the entire 1D barcode for reading instead of just a single laser line enables image-based readers to read a code despite low resolution, voids in portions of the code, distortion, and other defects.
- Another advantage from a reliability perspective is that image-based readers have no moving parts.
- An image-based system can display the scanner image on a monitor or industrial display in real time.
- As the user sets the system up, the display shows exactly what the scanner sees, ensuring that the images will be in-focus and that the image will include all codes on any package that comes down the conveyor.
- Area array image-based readers also offer better uptime because laser scanners use motors and other mechanical mechanisms to `move’ the laser spot across the code.
After 15 years of growth, we finally closed the doors to our factory in Cannock at 5pm yesterday as we start the move to our fantastic new factory in Burntwood, Staffordshire.Our new address is: Mercian Labels Unit 2, Plant Lane Business Park, Burntwood, Staffordshire, WS7 3GN Phone numbers and email remain unchanged. The google map […]